Saturday, August 29, 2009

Welcome

Welcome.

As I wake up each morning, my thoughts are turned to the sounds and songs of the birds dancing in the trees outside my window. My eyes turn to see the sunlight and the signs of a new day. I am overjoyed to see my son or my husband next to me sleeping; to watch the rise and fall of their bellies as they breath deeply, completely relaxed. I keep my thoughts here and now; knowing there are many "things" for me to do today.

Practicing being; my morning meditation reminds me that "being" takes practice and focus. At one time, this morning meditation might have been much more about "doing"- making a specific prayer, holding myself a certain way or invoking peace and stillness.

This blog is about practicing being a writer, a mother, a sister, a daughter of the Universe. Right here, in the center, where the Green Earth and Blue Sky meet; this is where life is happening.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments: